Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Parade Weekend

This weekend our town hosted its 144th annual Memorial Day Parade, so we've been enjoying a FULL weekend of neighborhood fun events, including a Saturday afternoon neighborhood kickball game with an incredible 24 kids participating, Saturday night block party, hosting a Girl Scout BBQ on Sunday, walking with the Scouts in the parade, and even a few post-parade activities too.

One unexpected highlight was that Abby and Caroline were both big winners in the Cake Walk.  I contributed a castle-shaped bundt cake, so the girls were desperately hoping to get the cake I made.  Abby won early on, but my cake was already taken.  Instead, she selected a lemon cake because it was the largest cake still available.  (I love her logic!!)  Caroline won the very last cake of the event, hence she received a pineapple upside down cake.  I highly doubt she will even try a bite, but she was still absolutely thrilled to be a winner.  I wish I had a shot of her sprinting around the cake walk circle raising her arm in victory.


Some shots from the parade (we were lucky that storm to the north missed us)





No comments:

Post a Comment