Monday, December 6, 2010

The Generation Gap is Growing

I've always known that I will eventually not be "cool" anymore to my kids.  I am pretty sure that is the fate of most parents.  But, I figured I had until Abby hit 6th grade or so for this to happen. 

Apparently, it's going to happen a lot sooner than I thought.

I was washing Caroline's hair in the bathtub yesterday.  After soaping her up, sometimes I create crazy shampoo hairdos for fun before rinsing.  Yesterday, I pulled all of her hair straight up into a single, pointy pony tail, and said, "Look, Caroline, you look just like Cindy Lou Who from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas."  I thought to myself, "Aren't you a clever mom coming up with that seasonally appropriate hairdo."

But, Caroline's hair is getting long, and soon her hairdo collapsed over her forehead to the side.

And then she said, "No, Mom, I'm Justin Bieber."

(Justin Bieber, whose name I had to look up how to spell correctly, is a teenage singing hearthrob.  But, how did Caroline know about him???  AND....I also just googled Cindy Lou Who and found out her hairdo is nothing like I remembered anyway. So much for my pop culture references.)

No comments:

Post a Comment