Thursday, December 16, 2010

"GI BINE JONES"

I forgot to mention one detail from our excursion to NYC.  While I was picking up cookies from the Astoria Bakery (which really, really are delicious by the way), Scott and the kids stayed at Brian's apartment to unwind a little from the car ride.  I thought it would be best to watch part of a movie or a little TV rather than letting the kids systematically investigate every nook and cranny of Brian's apartment. 

We decided to turn on an old episode of the cartoon "GI JOE" since I figured it would appeal to everyone (and mostly Ben who was the most anxious go ransacking).  I was a little surprised, but GI JOE was a huge hit with all three kids.  And, we even returned to PA with some other episodes from Brian for future viewing. 

Here's how much they liked GI JOE:
1) I have been continously hearing Ben sing the GI Joe theme song. 
2) Caroline has been begging to watch "GI BINE JONES" again.
3) Ben told me that he likes "all the good guys" and thinks "scarlett is really pretty".
4) We asked Ben what his favorite part about New York was, whether it was the giant Christmas tree, the knight suits, or the playground.  Ben replied, "Both!"  Scott asked, "Both what?  The tree and the museum?"  Ben said, "No Dad, both shows of GI JOE!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment