Thursday, September 22, 2011

Name That Flower (anyone?)

Does anyone happen to know what the name of this flower is?  I'm stumped.  The plant is about 3 feet tall, and started flowering a few weeks ago and still has prolific blooms.  We have a second plant that has the same flowers with a more pinkish tinge.  We have two areas with these pretty flowers in my yard that were here when we bought the house, and I cannot figure out what they are.  I'm not sure if they are wildflowers or domesticated.  Any help would be appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. I believe they are snowdrop anenomes. I googled and found that they bloom in May and Sept. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Scott's mom, Doris, sent me an email (THANK YOU!) and now you have confirmed that they are indeed anemones. Mystery solved! After doing a little more reading, anemones come in a wide range of colors and centers, so I never had run across the white/yellow combination before. I really do like them, though. The blooms are prolific and last for months. My particular plants only bloom in late summer and fall, but it's at least 8 weeks of flowers.

    ReplyDelete