Monday, October 17, 2011

Amusing Telemarketing Phone Call

Here is a transcript of an actual phone call at my house this afternoon.  This totally cracked me up.
_________________________________________________

Ring Ring!

Me:  "Hello?"

Phone: Telltale pause, then chattering in the background.

Me (thinking):  "Shoot.  I shouldn't have answered."

Telemarketer (thickly accented):  "Hello?  Is Mr. Unintelligible Name there?"

Me:  "No, he's not here right now."

Telemarketer:  "Is Mrs. Unintelligible Name there?"

Me:  "Yes, this is she.  But.....you know....I really don't want anything from anyone right now. Sorry!"

Telemarketer (without even pausing):  "OK, well if you have any questions about today's phone call, please dial 1-888-485-0975."

Me:  "Thanks and have a good night."

Click.

That is the actual number they gave me.  And now, I'm half tempted now to call and see what they were selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment