Monday, July 23, 2012

Among the Lights at Longwood Gardens

Longwood Gardens is currently running an exhibit called "Light: Installations by Bruce Munro."  There are literally thousands upon thousands of fiber optic light installed into eight different areas within the gardens.  And, these light features are a-m-a-z-i-n-g.  The lights gradually shift through the color spectrum, adding to the dramatic effects. The Forest Walk exhibit is like walking through a fairy world. 

We took Abby, Ben, and Caroline to see the exhibition on Friday night.  After they finished singing our praises for letting them stay up so much past their bedtime, and additional praises for letting them play with flashlights after their bedtime, they spent the rest of the evening saying things like:

"This is the coolest thing EVER!"

"You are the best parents in the whole wide world!"

"This is the best thing I have ever seen!"

"Thank you so much for bringing us!"

(Yes, those are actual quotes from my actual children.)

Here are a few highlights to entice you to go too.  
(I took my tripod with me to the gardens so I could take longer exposure pictures.)











No comments:

Post a Comment