Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Ben!

We've spent the last week celebrating Ben's 4th birthday x 3.  The first party was at Grandma and Grandad O's house on Memorial Day.  The second party was on Saturday, just the immediate family with donuts and Legos (what more could a 4-year old need, right?)  The third party was a parade, more Legos, Spiderman decorations, and cake.  Since Ben is only 4, I took credit for throwing the Malvern Memorial Day parade just for his birthday. Yes, I did lie to my child.  I also cleaned his room and the rest of the house for his birthday too, but he seemed a lot less impressed by the cleaning than by the parade.  Happy Birthday Ben!  You have brought us more joy and smiles that I can express.

Ben is always saying things that crack me up.  My favorite Ben quote from last week came unexpectedly while he was getting ready for school on Friday morning.  He is going to school "camp" right now, which entails wearing his bathing suit to school for the week since there are wading pools to play in during the day.  However, I only have one bathing suit sun shirt and one set of swim trunks that fit Ben right now.  So, on Friday, he was wearing the same outfit for the 4th day in a row.  After we put it on (again), Ben said, "Dammit, not this again."   Definitely not what I was expecting!  

Ice Cream Cake!

A little birthday "book browsing"

Legos were kind of a hit

Philadelphia Mummers

Bagpipes too!

Make a Wish

Abby rode her bike in the parade this year (kid's with decorated bikes lead off the parade).  She had a blast!

1 comment:

  1. totally LOL'd at the "dammit not this again" comment. And wowee! You are the best and coolest mom ever! You actually had the whole town do a parade for Ben's birthday! AWESOME!!!!! (Ben told me the other evening as I collected my child that he was going to follow me all the way home because that's his FAVORITE thing to do!...who knew?)

    ReplyDelete