Friday, November 11, 2011

Artichokes

So long (and good riddance) MINT.  Hello ARTICHOKE!

Here is sneak peak of kitchen painting project, which will be finished by Thanksgiving.  I'm too pleased the mint walls are finally getting covered to keep this project to myself.  The flash has made the color look a little more gray than it really is.  Artichoke is a much better complement to the counters than the mint.  Come to think of it, I'm fairly sure any color would be a better match to the counters than the mint.


Scott and I have already finished patched and painted the ceiling a brilliant white (which was made necessary because of a little flood in the upstairs bathroom caused by my darling Caroline).  I don't remember if I blogged about the water pouring out of the ceiling fixture in the kitchen or not, but that wasn't my favorite moment from the past year.  I can tell you, though, when a waterfall suddenly cascades from the ceiling, it isn't a happy feeling.

 Better, right?

Kitchen progress this weekend will be suspended while I take my Brownie troop camping.  These trips always seem like a good idea, until the weekend of the event arrives and I can think of approximately 142 other things I could be doing.  But I have such fond girl scout camping memories from my childhood, I really want my children to have those experiences as well.  So, camping we will go!   In full disclosure, this isn't "real" camping since we will be sleeping in heated lodges, but the sleeping will (hopefully) occur with twelve 8-year olds.  Wish us luck

1 comment:

  1. Five stars for the artichoke. Have a blast on the camping trip!! We will miss you!

    ReplyDelete