Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Miscellani

1) Slime.  Abby had a dentist appointment back on October 25th.  For her "prize" she selected a wacky wall-walker toy from the treasure chest after her appointment.  I don't know which of my beloved children is responsible, but the little slimy red wall-walker has been stuck at the top of my stairwell since October 25th, about 5 minutes after Abby returned home.  It shows no signs of unsticking, and it is too high to reach, even by ladder.  Perhaps we should start a betting pool as to when this thing will fall off my wall?  I was sure it would only take a day or two, but it's been two weeks already and still holding strong.  I was initially a little annoyed, but now I'm fascinated.  How can it stick for so long??

(see top of photo)

2) Pants.  Ben has finally outgrown some of his 3T (size 3 toddler size) pants.  Yesterday, I went to the store and bought the next size up, 4T.  Logical, right?  I thought so.  Since Ben really loved his blue fleece pants (his "cozy" pants) and I am a creature of habit, I went back to the exact same store (Target), bought the exact same brand (Circo), in the exact same color and style.  Ben put his now pants on this morning and they were waaaay too long.  So I laid the old pants on top of the new pants and the 4T pants are a full 6 inches longer than the 3T.  While I do realize the new ones will probably shrink a little, isn't that kind of extreme?  Apparently Ben needs size 3.5T pants.  (If you run across these, please let me know.)


3) DC.  This past weekend we took the kids to Washington D.C. for the first time.  We had a lovely visit with my family and the Wright family, toured the Washington Monument (outside), Jefferson Memorial, and the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. We didn't spend too much time in anyone place, but we really enjoyed ourselves.  Abby wants to be an astronaut when she grows up, so she particularly enjoyed seeing all the rockets, lunar rocks, and space exhibits. 

 




At Dusk

2 comments:

  1. We missed you guys last weekend. Your trip to DC sounds like a blast. I am betting that your sticky red wall climber will never fall down. Never. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun weekend, but it would have been fun to stay at home and play in the leaves or on that giant downed tree too. Never fall off?? I'm beginning to think you are right. Maybe it can be the unofficial house mascot or something. I realized today I might be able to almost reach it with the swiffer fully extended if I stand on the step and lean way out, but I don't really have the heart to flick it off it's going to be our mascot.

    ReplyDelete