Saturday, October 16, 2010

11 Years!

On a warm, sunny, fall day eleven years ago today, October 16, 1999, I married my best friend. 

To kick off the celebrations, we made french toast and bacon for breakfast.  (The bacon didn't last long enough for a photo.)

Guess who cooked the french toast?  Not me!  And, not Scott either!  Although we helped with the batter and pre-heating the pan, Abby cooked the french toast, and it came out perfectly.  I feel bad to have underestimated her cooking skills, but I was pretty surprised with her delicious results. We haven't ever let her "do the flipping part" before, as she puts it.


Today:  Nothing special (regular Saturday errands and chores and one meeting thrown in for good measure).

Tonight:  A date with my husband at our favorite restaurant, Restaurant Alba, with free babysitting generously provided by my parents (thanks!!!!). And, then Phillies playoffs to watch! 

Baseball??? On your anniversary??? Actually, it's perfect. If it weren't for the great game of baseball, Scott and I might never have become friends. When we met in our freshman year at college, I was an Orioles fan and Scott was a die hard Yankees fan.  We traded a few heated conversations about our American league rivals. And, over time this rivalry grew into friendship and more. So, good luck to the Fighting Phils today, and Happy Anniversary to us!

1 comment: