Friday, January 22, 2010

Comfort Cake



Sometimes you just want some good old fashioned comfort food, you know? I'm not a beef stew or a chicken and dumplings kind of girl. I like cake. Carrot cake. Made from scratch with the all-important cream cheese icing to top it off. Yum yum yum.


I like my carrot cake without raisins or pineapple or coconut added, in order to keep the scales tipped firmly on the cake side. (Of course, I'll eat carrot cake with all the other things added into it. Why not, right?)


As I finished my last luscious bite of afternoon dessert (snuck while my little ones are upstairs) Ben wandered downstairs still warm and groggy from a nice nap. I love post-nap babies. Warm and rosy and ready for a snuggle. I wouldn't have said this a few hours ago, but now that I've had my comfort food and my comfort baby, sometimes it's good to be at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment