Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Namaste

Ah, Tuesday. Yoga day. I started taking yoga once per week in December 2008 and I completely love it. I am not spectacularly flexible or strong or well-balanced, so I have to really concentrate just on yoga for entire 75-minute class. This means I am not concentrating on my "to do list", my children, or whatever other thoughts are cluttering my mind. Also, yoga is delightfully quiet. There is some quiet yoga music in the background, but mostly I listen to the sound of my own breathing. I think the quiet in my mind is just as or more important to me as the actual exercises. I leave class tired and mentally refreshed.

This peaceful feeling lasts a minimum of 15 minutes (when I pick-up my 2-year old from the gym day care) to a maximum of 45 minutes (when I pick-up my 4-year old from preschool). It's totally worth it.

Namaste to you. (meaning "I honor the light within you.")

No comments:

Post a Comment