Tuesday, January 4, 2011

All is Calm

The first question from Abby on Sunday morning was, "Mom, is it going to be calm today?"

Stomach virus aside, we had a wonderful Christmas break, filled with lots of fun family visits, a trip down to Baltimore to celebrate Abby's birthday, and a trip up to Allentown to visit more family.  It was a busy week with lots of  activities and guests.  A really, really busy week.  Maybe even a little too busy. And Abby's question echoes my own feelings of post-holiday fatigue.  As much as I enjoy holiday foods, holiday drinks, giving gifts, and holiday parties, I am ready to get back to the regular routine.  Even just sitting in front of the computer and doing a few hours of work seems appealing right now.  (Yes, I do realize that this will wear off after a day or two.)

Some highlights from Christmas break (note these highlights are brought to you by a NEW CAMERA -- which has taken me a week to figure out how to use):

"Yes, I did get Makeup for my Birthday"

"I am Iron Man"

At the Birthday Party

Despondent Ben
(After realizing that Birthday parties only have presents for the Birthday person)

Visit with GG (90 yrs old!)

I don't know about you, but I am also eager to get back into my regular exercise routine. I feel like I've been continuously cooking, cleaning, and running errands since Thanksgiving, and I neglected some of my workouts. I still managed to get to yoga every week, went to a few spin classes and did a few laps in the pool. But, I avoided running for the entire month of December (partly due to errands and partly due to super cold temps).  So, I went for my first 2011 run in several weeks on Sunday, and was shocked by the results.  I assumed that I would be super slow after such a long break, but I guess my body was ready to start burning off the pound(s) of butter I consumed in December-- 3.1 miles in 27 min 30 sec (that's a 8:50/mile pace).  Go me!  I was seriously dreading that first run, but now I'm ready to get in shape for lacrosse season.

No comments:

Post a Comment