Monday, January 24, 2011

In Rememberance

I didn't feel much like blogging last week because one of my co-workers lost her hard fought battle with breast cancer.  Although I wasn't directly friends with Kelly, she was one of the best friends of a very close friend, so I have felt more of a connection to her battle and her family's loss than perhaps I would have otherwise.  Kelly left behind two children and a loving husband, many friends, grieving co-workers, and a legacy of optimism and love, even in the face of the gravest of circumstances.  By all accounts she was a remarkable person.  My heart goes out to her family, particularly her 13-year old daughter who now has to face adolescence without her mom. 

I hesitated to share news like this here.  I usually try to keep the tone of the blog pretty light, just recording a few anecdotes that I don't want to forget or venting about what are really trivial matters in the scheme of things.  But, sometimes I think we need to take a step back and remember how precious our friends and family are.  And, remember how precarious life can be.  And, most especially to be thankful.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment