Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Cadbury Creme Egg

Guess what tasty bit of chocolate and fondant perfection I purchased from Wegmans this afternoon? 

Oh yes.  The delicious Cadbury Creme Egg.  The seasonal nature of this delightful confection makes the first bite even sweeter. 

And, to make this year's purchase even more precious, I got the very first egg right off the stock cart.  The staffer even opened the box just for me.  The first box!  The first egg!  All Mine!!!

Who cares Cadbury mass produced this particular egg months and months ago.  And, who cares if I looked like some kind of Cadbury creme egg addict by interrupting the stocking of seasonally wrapped Reeses cups.  After I eat my healthy dinner of fish, couscous, and salad, I am going to unwrap that little baby (and it really is littler now than I remember from previous years) in all of its preserved and food-dyed glory and enjoy every blessed calorie.  Oh, sweet little Cadbury creme egg, I will see you again in just a few short hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment