Thursday, March 3, 2011

And the Verdict....

Is.....  (Are you hanging on the edge of your seats??) 

I did not take the job. 

And, I feel relieved.  Really, really relieved.  So, I know it was the right decision.  Maybe in a few years, when Ben knows how to swim a little bit, can fully dress himself, and is ready to be "on the go" for 6 hours a day.  Right now he only goes to preschool 3x a week for 3 hours a day, and he comes home tired.  I'm just not ready to throw him into the "big kid" world -- even if Abby and Caroline would love it. Ben still runs up to me at least once or twice an hour, just to hug me.  He wants to sit on my lap at lunchtime. Why would I want to miss that all summer while teaching other people's kids??

So, that's that.... 

Please remind me this decision was a good idea when I'm losing it about mid- to late-July and I've had my fill of togetherness!

2 comments:

  1. 3 year olds are exasperating - but so loveable :) A&C will still love it in 3 years. So you just need to have a mid-July grandparent week?

    I think we will be around mid-August - we have an Aug 14 wedding. Are you guys around before/after?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy -- we'd love to see you in Aug!!! I'll email you with details. -CC

    ReplyDelete