Friday, March 11, 2011

Philadelphia Flower Show 2011

I had the privilege of attending the Philadelphia Flower Show this year with my mom.  We've made a little tradition of attending together every year for the past 5 years or so.  We usually walk around the flowers and shopping area for 4 or 5 hours.  My mom is kind enough to indulge my love of cactus and succulents, which means she lets me drool  over the specimen exhibits for a good chunk of time.  I remembered at the show yesterday that we gave out little potted echevaria plants (hens and chicks) for our wedding favor.  I am surprised I had forgotten that bit of my past, although I'm sure a few bridesmaids out there don't forget painting 100+ mini-terra cotta pots silver.

Some favorite shots from the Show:

Echevaria, of course!!
Don't you just love the symmetry and silvery color??

Spring Cheer


Clutch created from painted plants and seeds.  Wow, right?

Part of a French flower market --
Check out the striped tulips on bottom right

Terrarium filled with all different kinds of....
Echevaria!

Carousel Horse (part of stunning entrance garden)

Always a delightful trip!  Thanks, Mom!!

3 comments:

  1. How could you have forgotten the wedding favors! I can't walk past one of those little hens and chicks without thinking of all of those tiny silver pots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha!! Alas, I think that all the years of child-induced sleep deprivation affected my memory. But, I'm finally sleeping without interruption probably 4 or 5 nights a week. I'm looking forward to continuing my walk down memory lane. Maybe next I'll find the audio recording from our fishing trip ;-)

    ReplyDelete