Monday, December 19, 2011

Visions of Sugar Plums

An original poem, written in my current state of Christmas preparation delirium.

The week before Christmas, and all through the house,
Scott's decorated everything with lights, to the chagrin of his spouse.
The stockings are hung by the chimney with care,
with fragile globe lights around them, so better beware.

There are lights in the kitchen; lights on the stairs.
Lights in the bedrooms; now our house sure has flare.
(and a soaring electric bill)
  
And, try through I might to get it to fall,
the wacky wall walker is still stuck to the wall.
  
But what, might you ask, about all the rest of the prep?
While Scott's been alighting, I've done the rest with vigor and pep.
  
The cookies are baked; the cards are (almost) all sent.
The calendar's finished; and the money is spent.
  
The presents are wrapped; the tree is put up.
Holiday plans have been made with menus to sup.
  
It is almost time to celebrate the season. 
So raise your glass!  It's (almost) the holidays! (And, don't forget the reason!)

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to remember the reason we celebrate Christmas with all the hustle and bustle and stress of preparations, but I am doing my best...I really am. By the way, it must look like a rave dance party in that house with all those colored lights. You supply the red bull and I will bring the glow sticks—time to get the party started!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it, it looks exactly like a rave dance party. I know that from my rave dance party days (those were post-perm for me). Feel free to come over for a tour. Bring sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete