Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ben at Christmastime

6:12 a.m.  Tuesday
Ben (walks downstairs):  "Dad, is it Christmas yet?"
Dad:  "No, not for a few more days."
Ben:  Sighs.  Walks back upstairs.  Climbs into bed with me.

6:13 a.m. Tuesday
Ben (singing, loudly):  "Here comes Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Claus."
Ben:  "Mom, did you know Christmas is in a few days?"
Mom: "Really?"
Ben: "Yeah, it is. Dad said so."

7:00 a.m. Wednesday
(Scott stayed home sick from work, so he was sleeping in.)
Ben:  "Why are you still sleeping, Dad?"
Scott:  "Because I have a cold."
Ben:  "Do you need some medicine?"
Scott:  "Ben, you know, laughter is the best medicine."
Ben (wisely):  "So laugh then."

7:20 a.m. Wednesday
Ben is deep in battle using light saber.  There are bad guys everywhere. Ben is in peak Jedi form (see photo).  After battling for while, Ben turned on some music on the CD player as background for the fighting.  What song do you think he picked?  A Christmas CD?  Some Star Wars soundtrack music?  No, he picked Elton John's "Can't You Feel the Love Tonight?"  I don't know about you, but Elton John doesn't scream light saber battle to me.

7:00 p.m. Thursday
Ben:  "Mom, do you think I'm going to throw up, like I did on Christmas last year."
Mom:  "Awwww, buddy, do you remember that from last year?"
Ben:  "Yeah, I remember throwing up on the carpet on Christmas."
Mom:  "Well, hopefully you'll have a good day this year."
Ben:  "I sure hope so."

Can you believe that he remembered that from when he was 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment