Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where's CC?

Well....I think I've finally recovered from all the Christmas festivities.  We've put away 97% of all the Christmas decorations and lights (a few stragglers from the kitchen still need to make it into the attic), and it has taken a week of a mostly "regular" schedule to feel remotely interested in writing a blog post.  

It was a busy Christmas break -- jam-packed with fun family-filled Christmas events, Abby's 9th birthday (NINE!!!), and New Year's Eve celebration with the Wright family.  All of these wonderful holiday moments were interspersed with almost constant cleaning and cooking, so I must admit that I felt weary by the time the kids returned back to school on January 3rd.  

Ben was off for a total of 17 days.  For the most part, I thoroughly enjoyed his cheerful company.  We had a lot of battles and read a lot of stories. But since he likes to sit on my lap while I type, his presence makes it both difficult to concentrate and impossible to write coherently since he keeps moving the mouse to different parts of the screen. I can't fully blame Ben, though. Mostly, I was too busy to write, either physically or just mentally.  

I did take some time and draft a detailed list of New Year's resolutions filled with metrics for evaluation, but I will reveal those resolutions in a few months after I see how well I'm doing.  So far, so good!  Don't get too excited, though, they are mostly exercise, reading, and hobby-related personal goals.  As Scott would say, the "core mission" related to Searching For CC.  Sadly, no juicy personal habits to break in 2012.  I will bore you to tears when I finally share just how many miles I would like to run in 2012.   

Here is a short highlight reel from the holidays:

Santa Ben

Abby looking WAY too grown up.  Doesn't this look older than 9?

Caroline and Aunt Trish

Ben having some kind of battle
(battles comprised >80% of Ben's Christmas break)

Christmas Eve Festivities with Parents

An Actual Photo of Me!  And I don't even look that deranged!

Side Trip to Bethlehem, PA
(I just like how this photo turned out)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Blogville. I missed you. I of course would not be bored by your 2012 metrics. You will definitely need to share these things when you are ready (of course, I am already privy to some of them via backyard chats). I am particularly interested in what books you have resolved to read and your review of them.

    ReplyDelete