Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wonder Boy to the Rescue

While I was filling the baby pool yesterday, I asked the kids to go upstairs and put on their bathing suits, fully expecting Ben to call me to come help after a few minutes.  Instead, Ben wandered outside about 10 minutes later wearing a swimming diaper with some superhero underwear on top of the diaper (of course!).  He also had on his yellow rain boots to complete the outfit, which was quite a sight.  I think we might need to get him a 'good guy' cape for his birthday to really complete the look.


 
Ben has been surprising us regularly with outfit changes of late.  Over the weekend we went to an elemenary school to play on the equipment (Abby and Caroline like to make the rounds of all the various playgrounds in the area).  Scott and I decided to give a game of kickball a try with the kids since we found a playground ball.  In the span of 10 seconds that  it took me to retrieve Caroline's kick, I turned back around and Ben had whipped off his shirt, declaring "Boys don't wear shirts to play basketball!"  Neither Scott nor I could figure out where he had heard or seen that, but this was only the first of many times that Ben has deemed a shirt unnecessary.  At least he's leaving his pants on.....for now.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment