Friday, August 27, 2010

The Last Day of Summer?!

I cannot believe it. Today is the very last day of summer (as counted by full days I spend by myself with all the kids).  Just today, then the weekend, and then school starts.  We all made it!  We even had a lot of fun along the way.  Of course we had a lot of other feelings towards one another that I'm now going to selectively forget.  POOF. Now, there's just a rosy memory of glorious summer days filled with laughter. (Not really, but maybe in 5 years that's how I'll remember this summer, right?)

Yesterday, before the exciting engagement news, we headed down to the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia to enjoy one last summer day of summer fun together.  It was a surprisingly pleasant trip -- no traffic, free parking, happy and well-behaved kids, tasty lunch...you name it.  Delightful.  Almost good enough to make me sad that the summer is ending. 

Today, we're going to finish all of our back to school preparations, including the homework that arrived in the mail for Abby from her teacher.  Homework.......sigh.

Maybe I actually am a little sad that summer is ending?!



My Children, The Actors:

No comments:

Post a Comment