Friday, August 6, 2010

Observations

#1 - If a young child is able to have an intelligent and detailed conversation about the causes and treatments of diaper rash, wouldn't it make sense that this same child, a 3-year old boy for example, would be interested and/or able to start using the bathroom regularly to prevent the aforementioned rash??

#2 - I have changed diapers for 2,774 nearly consecutive days....and counting.  (There have only been S-E-V-E-N days over this stretch with no diaper changes. Seven!)

#3 - While I am now a whiz at the quick change, the standing change, the super messy change, the car change, and diaper improvization, I am now ready to have these skills lie dormant until my grandchildren are born in twenty or thirty years.

1 comment:

  1. And when the diaper days are behind you, do what I did and go get yourself a stylish small purse, instead of a giant diaper bag moms drag around for years. Though keep in mind it still has to be roomy enough to hold an emergency box of crayons, some paper, some band-aids, a travel-size sunscreen, hand wipes, tissues... oh, who am I kidding, that stylish small purse never sees the light of day.

    ReplyDelete