Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oompa Loompas

You know what part of parenting is especially fun?  Watching my kids discover things that I loved as a child. 

This week Grandma Y brought up a copy of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the movie with Gene Wilder version from 1971, not the 2005 Johnny Depp version).  My kids were completely riveted.  After a Saturday on the go, they are watching an encore showing. 


I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that I can probably recite the entire movie and sing all the songs since my brother and I used to watch our copy on Beta video over and over and over again. Of all the songs that are in the movie, guess what song Ben's been singing?  "Cheer Up Charlie!"  HA! My brother and I used to bellow that one all the time around the house, much to the chagrin of my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment