Monday, September 27, 2010

The Internet

I told my daughters the other day that I grew up before there was the Internet or cell phones.  I wish I had taken a picture of the blank expressions on their faces.  I completely stumped them.  They couldn't even imagine what that must of been like.  I swore to them that I had fun as a child, but had been forced to use actual books at the library when I needed information.

And given the vast and varied information about science, nature, literature, and the world literally a few keystrokes away on the Internet, we took advantage of this amazing technology last night by watching an old episode of Superfriends on YouTube. (And, yes, Ben loved it.)

Initially, Scott and I were having some trouble finding an episode on YouTube (horrors, right?).  We kept finding the parodies of Superfriends that were on Saturday Night Live a few years ago.  While we were trying different keyword searches, 5-year old Caroline finally blurted out, "Why don't you just try Superheroes.com?"

So, after she went to bed I checked it out.  It's the homepage for DC comics.  All the superheroes you could ever want.  Good one Caroline!  But, how did she know??

1 comment:

  1. Ellie once asked me what a cd was.

    I swear 3 gray hairs spouted when she said that!

    ReplyDelete