Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fall Back People....Fall BACK

While the majority of the rest of the country turned their clocks back this past weekend, my children have elected not to do so.   

Ben has been waking in the 5:45-5:55am range.  Caroline has been waking by 6am or earlier, and even Abby has been up by 6:25am, although (bless her) she's been reading in her bed rather than coming into my room to scream at me for breakfast. And, I do mean scream.  It's a super fun way to start the day.  And, kind of jarring.  And, since it's so early, there's so much day to fill with additional screaming. I've tried to explain how everyone will feel happier and better rested if they just went back to sleep for one more hour, but, alas, the sun is up and so are we. 

One less hour of sleep isn't really a big deal in the scheme of things for me, but I it really impacts the kids -- particularly by the end of the day. Since we are really trying to get on this new schedule, they're staying up to their regular bedtimes, but yet they still waking up early.  How can they keep doing this day after day??  I'm baffled!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, do I hear you on this one! We had about a week of 4:30am wake up calls. Thankfully we have made our way past that -- never thought I'd be grateful to wake up at the late old hour of 5:30am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....Abby did the 4:30 thing for a while. That's just plain painful. Absolutely brutal if you have to use your brain later in the day. And, there is absolutely nothing on TV at that hour either to add insult to injury. Of course, I guess now there is DVR...but still...definitely no need to be awake anytime in the 4's!

    ReplyDelete