Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pop Art ala Ben

Sometime in the last few weeks Ben has been bitten by the coloring bug, hard.  In addition to his busy schedule with all the superhero adventures and Lego sessions, he has been fitting in considerable stretches of standing at the kitchen table and coloring his Star Wars coloring book. He is as intense about the coloring as he is about the Legos, which is really saying something.

He is still working on the fine motor skills, so coloring an entire picture takes quite a while.  Also, he uses a really firm grip on the crayon -- so hard that whatever crayon he has been using is warm to the touch when he finally puts it down.  This is some intense coloring.

His results are good though! He's not even close to coloring inside the lines yet, but he is staying on the paper now (which is a good thing since I'm out of Magic Eraser) and he's combining colors in pretty novel ways.  Scott really likes the pictures and wanted to take one to work, but Ben will not even consider removing a page from "the collection."

Here's a sampling of my little pop artist's work:






I do realize that showcasing Ben's coloring skills is a pretty long way from my "core mission" of Searching for CC.  However, I have had a head cold for the last week... my brain is not working anymore since it's so stuffy and the bright colors are cheering me up.  Hopefully back onto more adult-oriented topics soon. Actually, now that I think about it, "adult" topics sounds kind of inappropriate.  But, you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment