Thursday, May 27, 2010

Field Day

Field Day for Abby today -- How fun does this look?

Big Ball Race (Abby is 2nd from Left)

Obstacle Course



Acknowledging the Spectators

I LOVED field days in elementary school!  The epic battle of green vs. gold.  A full day of outdoor fun.  The day-long build-up to the ultimate event: class vs. class tug-of-war.  A chance to earn ribbons.  The highlight of field day for me:  tart lemon halves with sweet peppermint sticks.  The lowlight of the day:  the 1/4-mile race around the graveyard.  (No, I'm not making that part up!)

I'd like to note that while I'm typing this Caroline and Ben are listening to some music on CD.  This particular CD is scratched from rough handling (i.e., Ben).  The CD just got stuck on the "merrily merrily merrily merrily" part of Row Row Your Boat -- it's a little annoying,  but strangely hilarious....merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily..............I am going to turn that off now.........quickly (and merrily!).

No comments:

Post a Comment