Monday, May 10, 2010

NAMREDIPS

We've entered the exciting and messy world of potty training for Ben (we're going to skip photographing this topic).  He's been relentlessly begging me to buy him some Spiderman underpants to wear, after I mentioned that he could have them after he stopped wearing diapers.  He joined me at Target a week or so ago, and we picked out a nice 6-pk of superheroes underpants pack in size 2T/3T (which are clearly more on the 3T side and are HUGE on his little bottom, but at least they are super easy to pull up), including Spiderman, Captain America, Incredible Hulk, and some huge orange rock guy.

The big superhero picture is on the back of the underpants, so normal people would wear the picture on their bottom.  Alas, I don't have any normal dressers in the house, and Ben wants to see the superheroes each and every time he goes to the bathroom.  So, guess who insists upon wearing his underpants backwards??? 

I was hoping to start potty training after the school year ended and I could devote a few days to hanging out at home without having errands and pick-ups to work around, but if he wants to wear underpants, I will not quibble about schedule. Ben isn't quite 3 yet, so I don't know if this round of potty training will be "it" or not. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

 I would like to note that I am already sick of saying, "Ben, do you have to go ot the bathroom?"  If I accidentally answer the phone like this, just ignore me.

1 comment: