Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lollipop Lollipop

Today:  A Plug.  How about some Lollipops?



Sue, my friend from PSU (my neighbor in the dorms, actually), decided to leave an unsatisfying job at a large software company and launch a candy-making company called This Charming Candy with one of her friends.  She was always a free spirited kind of gal, and I love her for it, so I was nervous and happy for her over this endeavor. 

Her company, This Charming Candy, specializes in gift-worthy lollipops.You're probably thinking, Lollipops???  I've tried the lollipops she makes and they are AMAZING.  They are definitely not the kind of tinted plastic lollipops you get at the bank -- they are sophisticated combinations of flavor.   I should note that I don't even like hard candy and I love these lollipops!  My favorite, so far, is Salted Caramel, but I'm going to try Pistachio-Marshmallow soon.  Other flavors include root beer float, vanilla-cardamom, and nutmeg creme....mmmm.

Believe it or not, but she just found out that her lollipops are appearing in Real Simple Magazine this month! I am so happy for her!!!!  So, in addition to the millions of readers that will see her product, I'd like to add my ten or so blog readers to the list.  :-) 

So, if you're hankering for a good lolly or need a nice housewarming gift or a nice present for a sick friend, consider my friend Sue, following her candy-making dreams out in Washington State.

Lollipops availalbe for purchase on Etsy:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisCharmingCandy

Here's a link to her blog to learn more: http://www.thischarmingcandy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment