Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Best Cupcakes EVER

I will readily admit that I have a sweet tooth, although I no longer tolerate the intense sugar in the beloved Nerds, Sweet Tarts, Razzles, or Pixie Sticks of my youth.  Now my tastes are firmly entrenched on the side of dark chocolate or rich vanilla.  Or those flavors combined, like in this beauty (oh yes, rich vanilla buttercream is hiding under that ganache):

Come to Mama!
Photo credit: Cupcakes Gourmet website

Is your mouth watering?

This is a mini-cupcake from Cupcakes Gourmet, a local bakery in my area (two store locations, Malvern and Wayne, PA).  But wait!  They ship nationally.  And for only (gulp) $24.99 you too can have 12 of the very best mini-cupcakes on the planet (6 flavors to choose from).  Fortunately, I can just roll into the bakery and buy one (ish) at a time from the 12 or so flavors at the shop, like Classic Vanilla, Triple Chocolate, Cafe Mocha, and Lovely Lemon. 

Scott and I knew these were amazing, but then I took my friend Heather with me for a sample last week.  She loved them too AND stopped by on her way home to get more the very next day. If you are lucky enough to live nearby, they are a wonderful treat -- and the mini-cupcakes ($1.50/cupcake) are the perfect size for kids.

1 comment: