Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fair Time!

Last night we enjoyed the much anticipated highlight of the summer, the Malvern Fire Company FAIR!  The kids have kept super close tabs on the progress of the fair.  "Mom, there is a tent on the fairgrounds."  "Mom, the porta-potties have been delivered to the fairgrounds."  "Mom, there are traffic cones lining the fairgrounds."  Finally, on Sunday morning, the kids insisted on walking over to the fairgrounds (in their pajamas) to see if the trucks carrying the rides had arrived during the night.  They had!  Bliss!!

Tuesday night was opening night, and we arrived promptly at 5:59pm, purchased each child a fair bracelets ($18 each, with coupon -- ouch!)  and were riding by 6:01pm.  I will say that we definitely got our money's worth out of the ride bracelets.

Ben enjoyed the tame rides:  kiddie motorcycles, kiddie boats, kiddie planes, dragon "roller coaster", carousel, and kiddie cars.  Caroline spent most of her time on the swings this year -- always selecting the pink seats -- and now has a special relationship with the fair operator who has nicknamed her "Princess".  Fortunately, Caroline was old enough to go on the swings herself this year.  I had to go on the swings with her last year, and since ride operators gave us an extra, extra long ride, I spent the the rest of the evening feeling green.  Caroline also rode the Ferris wheel with the 1st grade boy down the street, which was adorable.  Sadly, all my fair photos are trapped inside my camera.  My camera has broken down, mid-fair, and I can't load up my photos until I figure out what is wrong.

Abby definitely had the most fun at the fair.  She has finally reached the coveted 48" mark (at least according to the highly accurate ride markers), so she went on some of the big kid rides, including the pirate ship (4x in a row) and the GRAVITRON ride (the one where the bottom falls out) 7x in a row.  I could just throw up thinking about it, but she spun herself into fair bliss last night.  Top it off with some cotton candy and winning a large fair prize (on her 1 game try), I think this fair will make it into her long-term favorite summer memories.

I'll share the fair photos as soon as the camera is feeling better...or I find my card reader.....   

No comments:

Post a Comment