Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And So the Peer Influences Commence....

Yesterday, our neighbor kindly asked if Caroline could go next store and play with her daughter Ruby for the an hour or so before dinner.  Seriously, I thought?  You want Caroline in your house for the "witching hour" as we like to call it????  Yes!!!  Try not to let the door hit you on the way out, Honey!

So, about 90 minutes later Caroline walked back into our house.  Took her coat off, and then belted out:

"IF YOU WANT TO BE MY LOVER"

Uh....what?

"IF YOU WANT TO BE MY LOVER"

I only wish you could have seen the corresponding hip and arm movements.  Yes, that is part of a Spice Girls' song from back in the 90s.

Caroline, eyes shining with excitement, then started a run-on sentence that lasted about 5 minutes describing all the glories of Wii, how we need one, how you can dance to it, how they are available in stores, and showed me some sweet dance moves.  I think she might have drawn a breath in there, then started screaming, "WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?  WOOF WOOF WOOF" and then left the room without me even replying.  I'm pretty sure I just sat at the table with my mouth hanging open.

So, Caroline is now just dying to get a Wii.  I have many fun video game memories from my childhood (Brian,  how about the summer playing Legend of Zelda?) so we're not opposed necessarily.  Of course, we're not just rushing out to buy it just yet.  I just thought we wouldn't get peer-based requests until she was a little older, you know, like when she's 6 or 7. 

And so, to top it off, Ben spent dinner and breakfast singing, "IF YOU WANT TO BE MY LOVER," over and over and over again. That just doesn't sound right coming out of a 2-year old's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment