Thursday, March 25, 2010

Too Many Meetings!

I am offically all meeting-ed out for the month of March.  Overall, nine meetings down, and one more to go. Since I've been home from work for so long, I clearly have lost my stamina for meetings.  By hour #2, I just want to run out of the room and play with Legos.

Tonight is the sixth of six Planning Commission-related meetings for the month of March. Usually there are only two Planning Commission meetings per month, but due to some super riveting zoning ordinance training, this month's total will be much higher.  I'm going to be honest, I'm fairly sick of zoning at this point.  I need a zoning break.  And, probably another cup of coffee too. 

I know that I volunteered for the Planning Commission, so I really shouldn't complain out it.  But, it's tough when the level of required effort is so much higher than initially expected!  I am very much looking forward to Spring Break next week when the schedule slows down a little and we can relax.

Feel free to remind me that I said that next week on Tuesday around 10 a.m., when my kids are driving me crazy, ok?

On a happier note, I thoroughly enjoyed volunteering in Caroline's preschool classroom this morning during her Easter party.  My job was to select a "game" to play while the teachers hid Easter eggs on the playground.  The classroom is too small for a very active game, so instead we pretended to build a giant bird's nest out of large sticks, small sticks, and twine.  The kids seem to enjoy the game, and I got a chance to observe Caroline in her classroom with her peers.  I wish that I could be a fly on the wall and watch her sometime without her knowing I was there!!  I am happy that she is so happy in her school and is a confident little girl.   

No comments:

Post a Comment