Thursday, March 4, 2010

Flower Show 2010

Yesterday I made my annual pilgrimage to the Philadelphia Flower Show with my mom.  I really enjoy looking through all the exhibits, but my very favorite part is to stand near a large display of hyacinths and just inhale the smell of spring.  Ahhh....

This year's Flower Show was delightful as usual.  There were impressive large exhibits (including a stand of bamboo that nearly reached the convention center's ceiling), creative smaller exhibits, beautiful orchids, and (my favorite) lots of crazy cactus and succulent specimens.   Overall, loads of fun and a lovely 6-hour parenting break and some much-needed "quality" time with mom.  You know, you never get too old to need quality time with mom. 

This year's theme was "International" so the larger exhibits featured different countries:

INDIA


CHINA

NEW ZEALAND

SOUTH AFRICA
 

And a few other things that caught my eye:

Arrangement Suspended from Ceiling

Rainy Day Flowers

Crown Made from Dried Plants and Nuts

Modern Arragement 


Pressed Flower Postcard

Grand Entrance

Fun Succulent

Specimen Displays

No comments:

Post a Comment