Thursday, February 4, 2010

Actual Soup


Ben's puzzle soup inspired me to make actual soup last night-- thick, warm, and delicious Potato Leek Soup.  (The photo is at the very start of the recipe.)

I make soup once a week during fall, winter, and spring, and I think it's largely because I like watching mirepoix saute in my green Le Creuset dutch oven.  I love how the green celery and leeks complement the green enamel, and I love the smell of sauteed onions.  Very cozy on an overcast winter day.

Sadly, two of my three children were not interested in eating this week's soup.  They said it was too spicy! (For the record, there are no spices in it at all except a little bit of sea salt and ground pepper.)  And yet today, they raided the fridge for kalamata olives and dill pickles.  Go figure.   

No comments:

Post a Comment