Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Coffee and Seasonal Shopping

It's lucky that Ben is cute or otherwise he'd still be in the Giant parking lot.  Once a week I buy myself a coffee at the gym.  It's nothing extravagent -- I buy a Wawa coffee and do not even splurge for the Starbucks.  Just once a week. The rest of the time I brew my own cheap 8 O'clock Coffee at home.   I really, really look forward my special coffee treat. 

Today, like most of the rest of the greater Malvern area, I needed to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things before the impending snowfall tonight.  Ben accompanied me to Giant and I left half a cup of coffee in the car in a lidded cup to enjoy at home later.  Ben is usually a pretty good shopping buddy, provided we can get some free cheese in the deli section and I don't steer him too close to anything he can reach.  Today, I thought he was extra good and even sat still while I picked out Valentine cards.  So, after shopping I figured he could sit in the driver's seat and play with all the buttons while I unloaded the bags.  Of course, I had forgotten about the coffee.

Big mistake.  It took Ben less than five seconds to remove the lid and spill the whole cup.  Not just anywhere mind you, but in a giant coffee puddle all over the driver's seat.  You know, like where I need to sit down to drive home.  I had visions of getting unsightly brown tush marks on the seat of my light blue pants.  But, in a moment of pure mom ingenuity I grabbed some diapers and sat on top of those opened on the set.  Not only were the diapers marvelously absorbent and sucked up the coffee, but the leak lock layer really held up.  No pants stains!  Great job diapers!!!!

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I guess I missed the memo that you had to buy all Valentine-related items just after New Year's Day.  I needed to pick up some school Valentine's for Abby and only had the reject card themes left.  Also, all the Easter candy was out and ready for purchase.  No more chocolate Valentine hearts?!  I also went to Toys R Us today to try to buy a sled, and I was told the sleds were long gone.  Their seasonal display was swimming pools and squirt guns????  Have retail people lost their minds???   I guess I'd better go Easter shopping now for the best selection.  I need to stock up on Cadbury creme eggs ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment