Thursday, February 25, 2010

Clean House

Ben completely cracked me up today.  We had been reading books in his room for a while after lunch.  I was hoping that he would start getting sleepy and take a nap.  Unfortuantely, I was the one only getting sleepy.  So, I thought maybe if I sat with my eyes shut for a few minutes, Ben would shut his eyes too and we could nap together on the rocking chair.

Instead Ben blurted out in his best Niecy Nash impression, "Mom, take off your blindfold and open your eyes!"   I laughed out loud.  (Then we repeated the joke 17 more times.)

Of course, this is only funny if you watch the show Clean House on Style channel.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that our Friday evening family tradition is to sit down as a family and watch a pre-recorded episode of Clean House.  On this show, they take a family with a hopelessly cluttered home, sell most of the junk at a yard sale, and then use the yard sale proceeds to fix up the house.  Along the way, the designer gifts some furniture, the host has a little therapy session with the home occupants, and there is some campy humor by the Go-To Guy Carpenter and Yard Sale Diva. 

I don't know why but all three kids love watching this show with us.  I didn't realize that Ben was actually paying attention until his comment today.  (I have been secretly hoping that watching the cleaning show on TV will motivate the kids to clean up their toys.  No luck with that yet.)

**Please note that the photo of Niecy Nash was copied from the mystyle.com website's bio page for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment