Friday, February 12, 2010

Watch Out World

This morning I asked the kids what they wanted to do when they get older.

Abby reported that she either wants to be an astronaut or an astronomer. Caroline was undecided.  Ben had some serious plans.

Ben:  "First I want to mess up Abby's room."
Ben (more excited):  "Then, I want to mess up 'Aroline's room."
Ben (standing, screaming, arms raised high):  "Then, I WANT TO MESS UP THE UNIVERSE!!!!!"

Although I am quite impressed my 2.5 year old used the word "universe" correctly, I am a little concerned by his ambitions.  Clearly, I'm going to need to look into hiring a discount cleaning service.  Also, I think we're going to have to switch to a non-Superhero genre of books for a while. 

As for me, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do when I get older.  Shouldn't I have figured it out by now?

No comments:

Post a Comment